Saturday, October 15, 2011

But ya gotta have a theme . . .

After several false starts, I downloaded a new theme for my blog. Since I'm using WordPress as a CMS (Content Management System), I chose a theme with a static front page.  Here's a screen shot of the front page:
The black rectangle in the upper right corner is for a header picture or maybe even a logo.  The large black rectangle in the middle on the left is for a picture for the featured post (I think).  I plan on using the three boxes at the bottom for navigation.  Since I basically have three blogs in one, each of these boxes will contain a separate navigation menu for each:  Nacho Grandma's Quilts, Tessellation Nation, and Knotty Celtic Knots.

Here's a screen shot of a typical Page layout:

What I like about this is that the three boxes show up at the bottom of the Page.

And, here's a screen shot of a typical blog post:
You guessed it!!  The navigation boxes are at the bottom of the screen!!

Now, it's time to go off and do some planning . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment