Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Launch Date: January 1, 2012 . . .

I am not merely combining my Internet real estate, I'm launching a new blog with the best parts of the old ones . . .

I came to this decision yesterday.  Here's what I plan to do about it:
  1. My About page will be my front page; the page will have two sections.  The first section will be about me, with bullet points of the highlights of my career linked to longer stories (no need in making readers read EVERYTHING about me in a long page of prose).  The second section will be about the blog and it's mission statement.
  2. The upper navigation bar will link to the blog and to items that are separate:  portfolio, for instance.
  3. As I mentioned before, the three lower navigation boxes will lead to three separate menus, one each for Nacho Grandma's Quilts, Tessellation Nation, and Knotty Celtic Knots (which I may rename "The Daily Knot").
  4. Since there will be little from the old website/blogs with a direct correlation to the new site, I'll have ALL redirections point to the front page of the new site.

No comments:

Post a Comment