Monday, October 24, 2011

A word or two about content . . .

Over the weekend, I had several thoughts about Tessellation Nation . . .
  1. The whole block numbering system is not working; to a first-time visitor, it may as well be Greek--I need to lose it.
  2. Likewise the symmetry group notation . . .
  3. I like the idea of a symmetry matrix, like the one I created to show where the wtf symmetry groups fit in.
  4. I created a new symmetry matrix, with simple, explanatory headings like "Rotate row 90 degrees."  I'll use these headings in place of the shorthand notation.
  5. I'll give the matrix a page of its own, to update as I create blocks/patterns.
  6. "Blank tessellations to color" continues to be a recurring search engine term, so I'll continue to produce blank patterns.
  7. As long as the patterns are simple, I'll demonstrate reducing multi-shape tessellations to single-shape tessellations.
  8. I'll write a new section showing how to create motifs to use, and incorporate blocks/patterns using additional motifs.

No comments:

Post a Comment