Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Here begins an accountability blog . . .

Hello, my name is Raymond K. Houston . . .

I have a number of different "internet real estate properties":
  1. Nacho Grandma's Quilts, a static website;
  2. Nacho Grandma's Quilts, a Blogger blog that resides on the website of the same name;
  3. Tessellation Nation, a self-hosted WordPress blog that resides on its own domain;
  4. Knotty Celtic Knots, another self-hosted WordPress blog that resides on its own domain.
I designed, built, and launched the original "Nacho Grandma's Quilts" maybe ten years ago, using simple "drag and drop" software.  It was ok, but definitely looked homemade . . .

About two years ago (though it seems longer), I paid a designer to create the current version of the website, and relinquished control; the designer became my webmaster.  Around the same time, I started the Blogger blog which the designer integrated into the website.

A year ago, I launched "Tessellation Nation," and fell in love with the freedom of the WordPress platform.

Four months ago, I launched "Knotty Celtic Knots," another WordPress blog.

I'm thinking I've spread myself thin enough (even for a fat guy) . . .

Here's what I have in mind:
  1. Migrate the current Nacho Grandma's Quilts website to a self-hosted WordPress blog, changing the theme as well;
  2. Consolidate the two separate WordPress blogs, Tessellation Nation and Knotty Celtic Knots, with Nacho Grandma's Quilts.  I'm thinking each would be a category unto itself.
  3. Transition these blogs under an umbrella Brand, and move forward.
So what's with THIS blog??  This blog serves two purposes:
  1. MC&T will chronicle the steps I undertake in this endeavor;
  2. MC&T will serve as a public-service-announcement, keeping me accountable to those who read it.  (I've read that those who maintain an accountability journal are more likely to achieve their goals than those who don't . . . thanks, Corbett Barr.)
Shall we begin??

No comments:

Post a Comment